Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Rigatoni
- 1 (28 oz) can peeled tomatoes, diced
- 1 small eggplant, washed, dried; diced or Julienne cut
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pressed ricotta cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- 1 whole garlic clove, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place cut eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt to purge them from the inner moist.
- After about half an hour, flour and fry in abundant olive oil.
- In a skillet, sweat onion and garlic clove with olive oil. Then add tomatoes to the pan.
- Season with salt, pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, then strain in a vegetable mill.
- Add fried eggplant to the tomato sauce.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, and dress with the sauce, top with basil.
- Plate and sprinkle with the cheese.
Alternative Pasta Shapes: This is a classic recipe from Sicilian cuisine that can be prepared with short pasta, such as Tortiglioni or Penne.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine