Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Pan-Seared Halibut with Strawberry Salsa
May is Salsa Month! This strawberry salsa is a subtly sweet and fresh addition to most any fish.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- ½ avocado, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Juice of ½ lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut steaks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the salsa in a bowl. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the oil. Season fish with salt and pepper; place on the pan for 3–4 minutes each side. Remove from pan.
- Top halibut with the strawberry salsa.