Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular dishes in Indian restaurants, and for good reason: It’s delicious.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound boneless, skinless pastured chicken thighs or jackfruit
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup plain tomato puree
- 2 13.6 oz cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup coconut or goat's milk yogurt
- Cauliflower rice or cooked basmati rice, for serving
- Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks, and season with ½ tsp kosher salt. Set aside.
- Add butter or oil to the Instant Pot, set to Sauté, and heat oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, cayenne, cumin and turmeric.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft and mixture is very fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, and cook an additional minute, stirring until well-combined.
- Add chicken, and sauté until just browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, then open cans of coconut milk. Carefully spoon out the thick cream, and set it aside.
- Add ¾ cup of the thinner, watery “milk” from the coconut milk to the Instant Pot, as well as the remaining salt.
- Cover, and cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes, then release pressure with a quick release.
- Uncover, and stir in the coconut cream set aside earlier, and cauliflower florets, then turn the Instant Pot to Sauté. Bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post