Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Mushroom-Blended Burger with Roasted Peppers
Vegetables on the inside and out give these burgers a healthy twist. Meaty mushrooms add moisture to lean ground beef in this blended burger. A vegetable grill pan is the ideal tool to caramelize sweet peppers and onions over the fire for a tasty topping.
Share this Post
- ½ pound cremini or white button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, peeled, cut into eighths
- 8 sweet mini peppers; tops cut off, seeded and cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 whole-grain buns
- Vegetable grill pan
- Heat grill to 500°. Finely dice half the mushrooms or gently pulse in food processor. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet, and add mushrooms. Sauté 5–7 minutes, until golden brown and the liquid has cooked down. Remove mushrooms from pan, and place in a medium-sized bowl. Cool 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and salt, and mix until combined. Form four patties.
- Place onions and peppers in the vegetable grill pan, plus remaining half of mushrooms, sliced thick. Set over a large plate to prevent olive oil from dribbling out. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetable grill pan and burgers on grill. Frequently turn the vegetables, and cook until well-roasted and slightly charred.
- Cook burgers 3–4 minutes on each side for medium well, 5–6 minutes for well done. Top with feta cheese, peppers, onions and sliced mushrooms during the last few minutes.
- Serve with peppers and onions on whole-grain buns.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 20g | Sodium: 608mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post