Mole Grilled Pork Chops
The ingredients of chocolate and coffee may surprise you in a grilling recipe.
- 4 antibiotic-free ½- to 1-inch-thick pork chops (try Simple Truth brand)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces dark chocolate–chili bar (if not available, a bar of dark chocolate will work)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Heat grill to 400° using the indirect cooking method (see “Direct or Indirect Heat?”).
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate, salt, coffee and chili powder in a food processor. Pulse until it’s a dense, coarse blend that resembles cookie crumbs.
- Set pork on the live-flame section of grill, and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer pork to cool section of the grill.
- Top each chop with chocolate-chili mixture. Cover and let cook 8–10 minutes, until pork is cooked through (thin chops will take less time) and the topping is melted. Internal temperature should reach 145°.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 350mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g