Photo Credit: Jennifer Olson
Mixed Roasted Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2½ teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup blend of canola oil (75%) and olive oil (25%)
- 1½ cups cauliflower, cut into ½-inch florets
- 1 cup beets peeled and cut ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup eggplant cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1½ cup carrots
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash all vegetables and set aside.
- Mince fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano very finely. In a medium bowl, combine with other seasonings and oil. Whisk until well-combined.
- Keep all vegetables separate for roasting. This helps keep proper coloration and cook time.
- Peel carrots, and slice into a faux tourné by cutting at a 45-degree angle, giving the carrot a quarter turn and then cutting again at an angle. Continue cutting each carrot this way, all the way down its length. Place on one half of sheet with beets. Place eggplant and cauliflower on other half of baking sheet.
- Rewhisk oil mixture, and coat vegetables as evenly as possible. Place in oven, and cook until desired tenderness: eggplant and cauliflower 20 minutes, carrots and beets 30 minutes.
- Gently combine all roasted vegetables in a bowl, and serve.