Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Missy’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yummy, crunchy chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies…that are vegan!
Categories: dessert, recipes, vegan Tags: chocolate chip, cookies, oatmeal, oatmeal cookies
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Keyword: chocolate chip, cookies, oatmeal, oatmeal cookies
Servings: 14 cookies
Author: Melanie Cordes
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats, divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Dark Color Maple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini (can substitute almond butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300º. Spread 1½ cups of oats on a cookie sheet and lightly toast 5 minutes, or until very slightly tan. Cool and put aside. Turn oven up to 350º.
- Grind remaining oats (¾ cup) and, in a medium-sized bowl, combine with baking soda and salt. When cooled, add toasted oats to this mixture.
- Blend (I like to use a mini blender) coconut sugar, maple syrup, applesauce, tahini and vanilla until well mixed. Add to oat mixture and stir just until mixed. Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until just combined.
- Chill dough 15 minutes, then drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.