Mexican-Style Corn on the Cob
This recipe was developed by Joy Bauer, health expert for NBC’s TODAY Show, celebrity chef, and a #1 New York Times bestselling author.
August 16, 12-1 p.m. “Summer Treats with Joy Bauer”— Cooking Demo @ Cooking Demo Kitchen
August 16, 1:30-2 p.m. “Joy Bauer Book Signing”—Book Signing @ Book Signing Stage
August 16, 4-4:30 p.m. “Dietitian’s Pick”— Speaker Series @ Food As Medicine Stage
- 4 ears of corn in husks
- 4 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons grated cotija cheese or Parmesan
- 4 limes
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Grill the corn (in the husks) for 15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can roast corn in the husks in a 350° oven by placing them directly on the oven rack for about 30 minutes. The corn is done when it’s slightly soft and gives a little beneath the husk or is tender when pierced with a fork.
- After the corn is cooked and slightly cooled, peel back each of the husks and discard or use as a decorative handle for eating.
- Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, squeeze on juice of ½ a lime, and sprinkle on 1 teaspoon of cheese and a pinch of cayenne pepper (add more if you like it hot). Serve with the remaining lime wedges.