Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Lucini and Rebecca Firth, Displaced Housewife
- 1 lb Gemeli pasta
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Lucini olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 to 2 lemons, juice + zest (this depends on your lust for lemons…I like to use two lemons and I’m in lemon heaven. If you have lemon limits, start with 1 lemon and see how you’re feeling.) Plus, I like to throw in thinly sliced lemons for looks.
- 1 cup mixed olives, pitted (Castelvetrano olives are great in here)
- 1 cup Parmesan, finely shredded + more for serving
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside, retaining 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until it shimmers. Add in the garlic and shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add in the remaining ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice + zest and the pasta tossing to coat. Add in the pasta water until the pasta has a light sauce coating it. Finally add in the olives, parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, dill and toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.