A believe-it-or-not healthy indulgence.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut (preferably sulfite free)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 packages (32 ounces total) Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the crust: Use butter or cooking oil spray to coat the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add four, salt, butter, lime zest, and coconut. Pulse to combine. Add vanilla extract and lime juice. Pulse again until mixture begins to come together. Press into bottom of pan. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- For the filling: In a saucepan, heat lemongrass and coconut milk over medium heat until milk starts to bubble. Remove from heat and allow to sit until cooled. Strain milk and discard lemongrass.* Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until very smooth, for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in coconut milk, vanilla extract and lime juice.
- Pour over crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Bake in preheated oven until top is barely starting to brown and the center has a slight jiggle to it, about 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, and then cover and chill for another 3 or 4 hours. Run a thin knife around edge of pan and remove side.
*Note: To extract maximum flavor from the lemongrass, we blended it with the coconut and then strained the mixture using a nut-milk bag.
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 320mg | Fiber: 4g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post