Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 cups kimchi, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves or whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In your slow cooker, stir together ½ cup of kimchi, garlic, ginger, oil, chili paste (if using), and soy sauce. Add sirloin and turn to coat.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on Low heat for 8 hours, or High heat for 3 hours.
- Using a heavy spoon, stir beef, coaxing it into shreds.
- Stir brown rice into your slow cooker. Re-cover slow cooker and cook on High heat for 10 minutes more, or until rice is soft.
- Refrigerate individual portions of rice and beef, the remaining 1 cup of kimchi, the cucumber slices, sesame seeds (if using), and cilantro (if using), all in separate airtight containers for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 4 months. Keep lettuce or tortillas separate until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide rice and beef among lettuce or tortillas and top with remaining kimchi, cucumber slices, sesame seeds (if using), and cilantro (if using). Roll up the wrap like a burrito.
Excerpted from Healthy Meal Prep Slow Cooker Cookbook: Nutritious Recipes to Prep Ahead and Enjoy All Week © 2020 by Lauren Keating. Published by Rockridge Press.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 438mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post