Photo Credit: Primal Kitchen
Keto Cobb Salad
Cobb salad may be the perfect keto meal. This hearty version will keep you full for hours.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 1/2 heads romaine lettuce
- 8 sliced bacon
- 4 medium skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- Wash and dry lettuce. Chop and set aside.
- Warm a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon slices and cook, turning 3-4 times, until cooked to desired crispness.
- Remove bacon from skillet and drain on clean kitchen towels. Remove half of the rendered bacon grease. When cooled, cut bacon into bite-sized slices, or crumble.
- Season chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place chicken breasts in the hot skillet. Cook for 5–7 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. When cooled, slice chicken breasts.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil on high heat. When the water is boiling, add eggs, place the lid on the pot, and turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit on the warm burner for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, drain the eggs and let cool. When cooled, peel the shells, rinse the peeled eggs to remove any tiny bits of shell, then slice into quarters.
- Slice onion, avocado, and cherry tomatoes.
- On a large baking sheet, place the chopped romaine lettuce in a layer. Layer the cobb salad ingredients in rows: cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, onions, chicken, avocado, bacon. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle with Ranch Dressing.
This recipe originally appeared on Primal Kitchen's blog.
Calories: 676kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 41g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post