Spice up your breakfast.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup low-fat refried beans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 organic corn tortillas
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- 4 eggs (or egg whites)
- 1/2 cup green chile sauce (or diced, roasted green chiles)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- Additional salsa (try our Heirloom Tomato Chile Salsa)
- In a small saucepan, combine refried beans with water, minced onions and garlic. Heat over low heat, and stir until well mixed with a smooth, medium-thick consistency. Set aside.
- In a larger nonstick skillet, heat tortillas: Lightly spray each side with cooking oil and heat 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat, and keep warm (or warm the tortillas in the microwave, first wrapping them in a moist paper towel).
- Using the same skillet, lightly spray again with the cooking oil spray. Carefully crack each egg (this may be easier to do two at a time) and cook sunny-side up, or scrambled if you prefer.
- When the eggs are almost done, turn off the heat under the skillet and assemble the tortillas. Place two tortillas on each plate. Mound about 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture on each tortilla. Place two eggs on top, and top with about 2 tablespoons of green chile sauce (or diced green chiles) and a small slice of avocado.
Nutrition information is per serving with cheese and avocado.
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 430mg | Sodium: 656mg | Fiber: 11g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post