Photo Credit: Tieghan Gerard, Half Baked Harvest
Hawaiian BBQ Dog with Mango, Chili, Pineapple and Lime Relish
This recipe is all about the toppings. Use them on brats, burgers, chicken – heck, you can even use these on veggies!
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
Servings: 6 dogs
Hawaiian BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt + pepper
Mango, Chili, Pineapple and Lime Relish:
- 1 mango, peeled + diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Juice of a lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 inch chipotle chili adobo, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded + chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 spicy brats or hot dogs if you prefer
- 4-6 Oroweat Country Potato Hot Dog Buns
- Pickled jalapeños, for serving
- Swiss cheese, optional
- In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Store in a glass jar until ready to serve. Will keep at least 2 week in the fridge.
Mango, Chili, Pineapple and Lime Relish
- In a bowl, combine the mango, pineapple, basil, lime juice, olive oil, chipotle chili pepper in adobo, jalapeños and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine, taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Grill your brats until cooked through and light char marks appear. Place the brats in toasted buns. If desired add a little swiss cheese and allow it to melt. Drizzle with Hawaiian BBQ sauce and top with the mango relish and pickled jalapeños. EAT!
Recipe courtesy of Tieghan Gerard, Half Baked Harvest.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post