Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 cups (¾ pound) peeled, shredded russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 green onions, white and half of green stems, chopped
- 2 thin slices antibiotic-free ham, sliced into thin strips
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven broiler. Place shredded potatoes on a paper towel; cover with another paper towel. Press down, and let sit for 10 minutes to absorb any water.
- Heat oil in a small, oven-safe omelet pan or cast-iron skillet. Add potatoes and onions; brown 10–15 minutes. Press potato mixture into pan to form a crust. Top with ham strips.
- Whisk eggs with milk. Pour into pan, and shake to distribute eggs. Cook 5–7 minutes.
- Top with cheese, and place under broiler. Keep under heat until eggs are set and cheese is brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post