Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Southwestern Grilled Peach Salsa
This flavorful grilled salsa marries sweet corn and peaches with spicy jalapeño.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 peaches
- 1 avocado
- 2 cobs of corn, shucked
- 2 jalapeños, sliced in half long way and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice peaches and avocado in half and remove pits.
- Combine two tablespoons olive oil and two tablespoons lime juice, and brush over peaches, avocado, jalapeños and corn.
- Once grill is hot, add avocado, peaches and jalapeños cut-side down; cook 4 minutes. Place corn on grill and cook 8 minutes, turning twice. [If you don’t have a grill, set oven to high broil. Place vegetables and fruit on top rack; cook 5 minutes, until browned.]
- Peel peaches while they are still hot (optional). Remove skin from avocado. Dice peaches, avocado and jalapeños into ¼-inch pieces, and place in a bowl. Slice kernels off of corn cobs, add to bowl.Combine onion with other cut ingredients.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl combine agave, garlic, salt, cilantro, and remaining olive oil and lime juice. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over cut ingredients and toss gently.
Optimum Wellness is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Alyssa Walters, Jessie Vandygriff, William Brasch, Chef Adam Sacks and Katherine Privitt (left to right) developed this recipe. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 510mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post