Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Slow Cooker
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, whole
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
- In a medium bowl, stir together the quinoa vegetable broth, spinach olives, cheese, chickpeas, shallot, and oregano. Let sit for 5 minutes. Scoop the mixture into the hollowed-out peppers. Stand the peppers upright in your slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on Low heat for 8 hours, or High heat for 4 hours.
- Using a spatula, carefully transfer each pepper to an individual airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. For best results, reheat in a 350ºF oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Complete step 1. Arrange the peppers in a wide, shallow container — I find a baking dish works well. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Red and orange bell peppers are sweeter than green bell peppers, which have a sharp, slightly bitter taste. For this recipe, look for peppers with wide, flat bottoms so they stand well on their own. If needed, trim a thin slice from the bottom to help them sand.
Excerpted from Healthy Meal Prep Slow Cooker Cookbook: Nutritious Recipes to Prep Ahead and Enjoy All Week by Lauren Keating, published by Rockridge Press. © 2020 by Callisto Media. All rights reserved.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 479mg | Fiber: 8g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post