Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, or coconut oil
- 4 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the crust combine the almond flour, butter, honey, baking soda and salt in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until mixture starts to come together in a ball. Remove mixture and roll out between two sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap until flattened into a round disc, about 9-10 inches in diameter.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight if desired.
- To make filling, combine sliced apples, butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in a saucepan. Heat over meidum high heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or until apples just begin to soften. Remove from heat and allow to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment baking paper. Transfer prepared dough to parchment, carefully removing wax paper or plastic wrap as you gently flip the dough onto the parchment. Layer the apples in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 1/2 inches of dough all around the edges. Carefully fold these edges up over the apples to create the outer crust. Use your fingers to pinch together any parts of dough that may have come apart during the folding.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine