Photo Credit: Danny Seo
Ginger Root Fun-fetti Cookies
The candied ginger root is the hero ingredient that adds a lively sweetness to these cookies.
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Keyword: cookies, root vegetables
Author: Danny Seo
- 3 medium multi-colored carrots
- 1/2 cup candied ginger root
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cans coconut cream (approximately 1 1 ⁄ 2 cups)
- 3/4 cups natural sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and grate carrots (approximately 1 3/4 cups total).
- Chop candied ginger and set aside.
- Whisk together coconut sugar, flour, flax seeds, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Fold in carrot mixture, chopped candied ginger, and coconut cream until batter forms. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter using 1-ounce scoop onto baking sheets, leaving 2-inches between each cookie.
- If a more colorful cookie is desired, sprinkle each cookie with sprinkles, pressing the sprinkles gently into the batter.
- Bake on center-most racks for 18–20 minutes, or until lightly golden and slightly firm to the touch.
Excerpted from Naturally, Delicious Desserts: 100 Sweet But Not Sinful Treats © 2020 By Danny Seo. Photograph by Rikki Snyder. Published by Gibbs Smith.