Photo Credit: Laura Theodore
Garam Masala Sweet Potato Bites with Spicy Ketchup Dip
A sweet and spicy surprise awaits when you bite into these dainty and flavorful potato delights, dipped into a creamy, tangy sauce.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 3 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
Spicy Ketchup Dip:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the sweet potatoes, maple syrup and 1 tablespoon garam masala into a large bowl and stir with a large spoon to combine. Add an additional tablespoon of maple syrup if the sweet potatoes are still a bit dry. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking pan. Bake for 50 to 70 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- To make the dip, put the ketchup, 1 teaspoon garam masala and a dash of cayenne pepper into a small bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the potatoes are cooked, put the pan on a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Arrange the sweet potato bites on a serving platter in a pleasing manner and serve with the dip on the side.
Garam Masala Sweet Potato Bites recipe is from Vegan For Everyone by Laura Theodore, Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Reprinted by permission. This recipe is featured in Season Eight of the nationally broadcast, award-winning Jazzy Vegetarian cooking series, presently airing weekly on the Create Channel (check local listings). Laura Theodore is a nationally recognized television personality, podcast radio host, celebrity PBS vegan chef, renowned jazz singer and award-winning author of five vegan cookbooks
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post