Fancy Zucchini & Ricotta Bites
Zucchini bites are a delicate, full of flavor appetizer that can easily be made in advance.
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 whole roasted pepper, thinly sliced in strips
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Brush the zucchini slices with a small amount of olive oil on both sides. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated grill or grill pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Spread a thinly layer of the ricotta cheese on each zucchini slice. Top with prosciutto and roasted pepper. Sprinkle with basil and roll. Place on a platter and repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.