Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 pounds littleneck clams soaked and scrubbed
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1½ pounds) spiralized
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup clam juice plus extra for thinning sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Parsley and extra cheese, for garnish
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan with a tight-fitting lid over high heat. Add clams to pot, and cover tightly. Cook until clams open and release their juice. Discard any clams that never open.
- Remove clams from pan, and strain juice through a fine strainer into a bowl; reserve for sauce. Remove clams from shells, and roughly chop. You may save a few clams in the shell for garnish.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add garlic, and cook until fragrant and brown.
- Add zucchini, and cook 1–2 minutes, until zucchini begins to look slightly dry.
- Add marinara sauce, oregano, black pepper and red pepper flakes if using; stir to combine. Add ¼ cup clam juice and chopped clams; cook until hot. If too thick, add more clam juice (saved from cooking clams) 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach desired consistency. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Divide among four pasta bowls, and garnish with reserved clams in the shell, chopped parsley and more cheese.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post