Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pressure cooker or slow cooker
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 red chile, such as red serrano or Fresno, thinly sliced
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into coins
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (13.5oz) can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- Cooked jasmine or other long-grain white rice
- 2 packed cups fresh basil, cilantro, or a combination
- Lime wedges
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Put coconut oil in the inner pot of the pressure cooker and set to Sauté. Add chile and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add curry paste (careful—it may splatter) and stir to brown slightly, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, soy sauce and fish sauce (if using) and add shrimp, stirring to coat.
- Lock on lid and Pressure Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Release pressure manually and open lid.
- Spoon curry over warm jasmine rice and garnish with herbs. Offer plenty of lime wedges for squeezing over the top.
- If using a slow cooker, best to use chicken as shrimp will overcook. Reserve fish and soy sauces until the end. Cook on High for 2 hours or Low for 4 hours. Stir in fish and soy sauces just before serving.
Excerpted from Instant Family Meals: Delicious Dished From Your Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Multicooker and Instant Pot © 2020 By Sarah Copeland. Published by Clarkson Potter.
Calories: 636kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 1957mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post