Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow or white onion, peeled, halved pole to pole, then set cut side down and sliced thin half-moons
- 1 pound thinly sliced brown button cremini, or Baby Bella mushrooms (4 loosely packed cups)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes, any large pieces of fat removed
- 2 cups beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole milk (do not use low-fat or fat-free)
- 1 pound raw dried egg or no-yolk noodles
- Sour cream (of any sort), for garnishing
- Minced stemmed freshly parsley leaves, for garnishing
- In all models, press sauté and set it for medium, normal or custom 300°F. Set time for 10 minutes and press start.
- As the pot heats, warm the oil in the insert set in a 5‑, 6‑, or 8‑quart Instant Pot. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and salt. Continue cooking, stirring more frequently, until the mushrooms give off their internal liquid and it reduces to a brown glaze, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, caraway seeds, garlic powder, and pepper until aromatic, just a few seconds. Then add the beef and stir well to coat it in the vegetables and spices.
- Pour in the broth and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the insert. Turn off the SAUTÉ function and lock the lid onto the cooker.
- For Max pots only: set pot for pressure cook and set level to max. Set time for 32 minutes with the keep warm setting off and press start.
- For all other pots: set pot for pressure cook or manual and set level to high. Set time for 40 minutes with the keep warm setting off and press start.
Excerpted from Instant Pot Bible: Copycat Recipes. By Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough, © 2021.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post