Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 package spinach tortillas (try Mission brand)
- 1 package sun-dried tomato or jalapeno cheddar tortillas (try Mission brand)
- 12 brussels sprouts, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Small butternut squash; peeled, deseeded and cut into 3-inch flat batons (about 2 cups)
- 3-4 pounds precooked turkey breast or dark meat
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup prepared cranberry sauce
- ½ cup prepared tomatillo sauce (in international aisle)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Prepare salsa by mixing all ingredients. Chill to merge flavors.
- Set aside a large serving platter or individual bowls for each ingredient.
- Cut tortillas into 5-inch rounds using a large ring mold or an empty 28-ounce tomato can (see tip below). Arrange on serving platter.
- Loosen brussels sprouts with your hands so they look like finely shredded coleslaw. Heat large nonstick or cast-iron skillet to medium high. Add 2 tablespoons oil, and heat until it shimmers. Add brussels sprouts and cook 5–10 minutes, until light brown. Remove from pan, and place on serving platter.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan, if needed. Sauté squash until soft and golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Remove from pan, and place on serving platter.
- Shred turkey meat into fine pieces with your fingers or a fork. Briefly sauté turkey in pan to warm it up. Remove from heat, and place on serving platter.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to pan; raise heat to high. Add sage leaves and watch carefully until they are crisp, 30–60 seconds depending on your stovetop. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels. Place on serving platter.
- Let guests make their own tacos from the buffet table. Serve with crispy sage leaves and cranberry salsa.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post