Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 14 ounces kielbasa, sliced into 1⁄2" coins
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32-oz) container chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 (15.5oz) cans navy beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and finely chopped or shredded (about 5 cups)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Turn the pot to sauté mode on HIGH until the screen says hot. Add the oil, then the kielbasa, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned on both sides. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, bay leaf and beans. Turn the pot to HIGH pressure, secure the lid, adjust the valve to sealing and set the timer for 10 minutes. When the time is up, do a quick release by turning the valve to venting. Once finished, release the lid and remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the hot sauce (if using) and kale until wilted. Serve with grated Parmesan on top.
Reprinted with permission from Frugal Cooking in Your Instant Pot by Drew Maresco, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Toni Zernik
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post