Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion peeled and diced
- 12 ounces ground soy “meat” crumbles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can golden hominy
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pigeon peas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup green salsa
- 1 cup Mexican beer, or more as needed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatillo chopped for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 cup diced, peeled, pitted avocados for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and sauté onion until partially golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add soy “meat” crumbles and continue cooking 3-4 minutes. Stir in chili powder. Add hominy, beans, pigeon peas, salsa, and beer and stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking and stirring, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnishing with tomatillos, cheese, cilantro, avocado, and pumpkin seeds.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post