Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 3 large eggs
- Fresh tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped scallions
- Tortilla chips (Paleo if needed, omit for Whole 30)
- In an 8-inch (20.5-cm) skillet with a lid (I prefer cast iron), heat the salsa over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, or until the salsa is bubbling.
- Crack the eggs into the salsa, spacing them apart equally. Cook the eggs for 3 to 4 minutes, spooning off any additional liquid that may rise. You should be able to see the whites about half cooked at this point.
- Lower the heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes longer, or until the whites are cooked through. If you want more of a sunny-side up egg, remove the lid to allow steam out every 20 seconds or so. This extra step keeps the tops of the eggs from overcooking.
- Remove from the heat. Top with your choice of toppings.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post