Shop IngredientsHow this works
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 5 tablespoons tamari, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about ½ small cabbage)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, whites and greens sliced on the diagonal
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small pot over medium heat, add vinegar, honey, 3 tablespoons tamari and ketchup. Bring to a gentle simmer. In a small dish, dissolve arrowroot powder in 1 tablespoon water to create a slurry. Whisk into sauce, and remove from heat. Sauce should thicken so that it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove tails from shrimp, and roughly chop shrimp into small pieces.
- In a large sauté pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add pork, and sauté about 7 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Add cabbage, carrots, green onion, garlic, ginger, remaining 2 tablespoons tamari and salt. Cover, and cook for about 5 minutes, until cabbage softens. Stir in shrimp, and cook for 2–3 minutes, until shrimp is no longer translucent but white in color.
- Divide sauté between bowls, and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 28g | Sodium: 650mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post