Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 4 people
- 1 chicken
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and seedless
- For this recipe, you can choose to buy whole chicken or one that has already been cut into pieces. If you purchase a whole chicken, you will need to cut it into 8 pieces yourself.
- Place a large pan on the stovetop and add a little oil. When the oil is hot, brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Once brown, remove then pan from the heat and transfer the chicken to a oven-safe skillet. Place the meat in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, separate the meat from the pan juices.
- Then wash and chop the onion, celery and carrot. Heat another pan on the stovetop and add the lard.
- Once melted, add the chopped vegetables and sauté in the lard.
- Then add the chicken and pour in the vinegar and wine. Let evaporate, then add grated lemon zest, tomato paste and broth.
- Finish cooking over medium heat for 30 minutes, then adjust salt and pepper.
- Once ready to serve, chop the remaining herbs and sprinkle them over the chicken.
Chef's tips: To give additional flavor to your chicken alla cacciatore, you can marinate the meat overnight in the chopped herbs.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post