Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pasta – whatever kind you have in the pantry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup drained, rinsed cannelloni beans
- 1 ounce white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked/frozen kale or spinach, drained (Squeeze out all the water)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- Blanch kale for 30 seconds for fresh, 10 seconds for frozen and strain to get rid of excess water. (Note: Boiling water should be salted.)
- Cook pasta to al dente.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and cool with cold water. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Add butter and olive oil to the pan. Follow with garlic, as soon as you can smell the garlic add the beans, ½ cup of pasta water, lemon zest and juice of half a lemon. Reduce the liquid by 2/3.
- Add the kale and fold in the pasta.
Follow Chef Oren on Instagram, @cheforen
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post