Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- ¾ cup light, canned coconut milk
- 6 large marshmallows, one per person, cut in half to make two flat disks; sprinkle each cut side with a light dusting of cayenne or cinnamon (optional)
- Add olive oil to large soup pot on medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, shallot and apple. Sauté until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add cumin, ginger and nutmeg. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add squash, cashews and stock. Bring to a low boil and simmer until squash is soft.
- Let soup cool for about 30 minutes (or refrigerate).
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender. Puree each batch until smooth, and return to pot. Add coconut milk to thin out soup. Reheat.
- Place spiced marshmallows in the bottom of each bowl, and pour in the soup. The heat will melt the marshmallows as they float to the top.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post