Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups green onion tops, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 large kale leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 (15-ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ¼ cup water blended with 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup cream or milk substitute
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Place chicken, green onions, water and broth in a soup pot. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes, until chicken is tender. Drain and reserve broth and chicken. Shred chicken when cool enough to handle.
- Place oil in soup pot, sauté green onion tops until soft. Add barley, reserved broth, shredded chicken, lemon juice, kale and artichoke hearts. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch slurry, milk and basil leaves. Bring to a slow simmer, and cook 5–10 minutes until thickened.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post