Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1/2 red grapefruit peeled and cut into segments (see notes)
- 1/2 cup shaved fennel (see notes)
- 1/4 cup julienned red radishes
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds lightly crushed (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sea scallops (about 8 ounces total)
- 3 slices Whole30-compliant bacon halved crosswise
- Preheat the broiler to high. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the grapefruit, fennel, radishes, grapefruit juice, shallot, parsley, olive oil, paprika, and anise. Season with ⅛ teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with the remaining ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each scallop, secure with a toothpick, and arrange on the baking pan.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway, until the scallops are translucent and the bacon is cooked. To serve, divide the relish between two appetizer plates and top each with three scallops.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post