Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 small acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package fully cooked chicken sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 5 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each squash widthwise, and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Using 1 tablespoon olive oil, brush cut side of squash, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add sausage in a single layer, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add spinach, and cook for 2 minutes, until wilted. Stir in lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and sage over medium heat. Cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter lightly browns and releases a nutty aroma.
- Fill each squash with sausage and spinach, and drizzle with brown butter.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 30g | Sodium: 705mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine