Shop IngredientsHow this works
For the pesto:
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Miyoko's European Style Cultured Vegan Butter
- 8 to 12 shiso leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1/2 Japanese yuzu or lemon juice
For the yam noodles:
- 1 teaspoon Unsalted Miyoko's European Style Cultured Vegan Butter
- 8 cups water
- 7 ounces (about 7/8 cup) yam noodles
- 1 tablespoon shelled and ground pistachios
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
Prepare the pesto:
- Chop and destem the shiso leaves.
- Heat up a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter to the pan and move it around with a spatula to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the butter has browned a bit, add the garlic and let it incorporate into the butter.
- Add the scallion and another tbsp. of butter if needed.
- Transfer the chopped shiso to the pan and turn off the heat.
- Stir the shiso into the butter mixture.
- Pour in the lemon or Japanese yuzu or lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture and let it sit in the pan.
Prepare the yam noodles:
- In a saucepan, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Place the yam noodles in a noodle strainer (or regular strainer) and sit the strainer in the water.
- Keep the noodles submerged in the water for 1-2 minutes.
- Take out the noodles, shaking out any excess water from the strainer.
Combine and serve:
- Transfer the noodles into the pesto sauce in the frying pan and turn the burner back on to medium heat.
- Incorporate the noodles into the pesto sauce.
- Add in the ground pistachio and butter and stir everything together.
- Plate the noodles and top with ground pistachios, nutritional yeast, and shiso leaf as desired. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was created by Chef John Liu for Miyoko's.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post