Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 6 people
- 12 oz ground turkey thigh meat
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped curly parsley
- 1 organic egg, lightlybeaten
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free ground rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In medium-sized bowl, combineall ingredients with fork. Using a tablespoon measure, or a melon baller orcookie scoop of same size, scoop and roll mixture into balls. Refrigerate untilready to cook, up to 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30minutes prior to cooking. When ready to grill, place 4 balls on each of 6 moistenedwooden skewers, squeezing slightly so the meatballs “grab” the skewer. (Soakskewers for 30 minutes and avoid loading until just before cooking so meatdoesn’t pull away from the skewer.) Wipe any excess turkey from tip of theskewer with a small piece of kitchen roll or clean cloth. Grill skewers ongrill preheated to 350 F, with lid closed, for approximately 4 to 5 minutes perside or until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Serve immediately.
Ground oatsInstead of the usual bread crumbs, use rolled oats and you’ll reduce your sodium intake significantly. Grind them up by blitzing them quickly in the food processor until they’re the texture of fine bread crumbs.
Calories: 0.282kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 206mg | Fiber: 1g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post