Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 4 people
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeledand crushed
- 14 oz young jackfruit, pulled
- 3/4 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 4 poblano peppers, sliced lengthwise, seeds, and large veins removed
- In medium skillet, on low-medium heat, fry onionin olive oil until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté foranother 2 minutes. Add prepared jackfruit (if canned, be sure to drain andrinse well), pizza or tomato sauce, spices, and water, and cook on medium forabout 10 minutes, continuing to pull jackfruit apart with a wooden spoon orfork, until jackfruit is tender.
- Meanwhile, on preheated grill of about 350 F,grill corn, rotating it from time to time until fully cooked, about 10 minutes.At the same time, grill poblano pepper halves until charred and slightly soft,about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Allow cornto cool slightly, and using sharp knife, remove kernels from cobs and combinethem with jackfruit mixture. Stuff jackfruit mixture into poblano pepper halves.Place in grill basket, cover with stainless steel bowl, and return to cook overhot grill, with lid closed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Calories: 0.131kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 302mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post