Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 Jonagold apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3 3/4 cups homemade or low-sodium canned chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- Yogurt, for garnish
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add ginger and curry powder; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add apples, potato, salt and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and cook until potato is tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer mixture to the jar of a blender, working in batches if necessary so as not to fill more than halfway; puree just until smooth. Return soup to pan; stir in milk, and season with salt and pepper. Place over medium heat until soup is just
heated through; do not let it boil. Divide soup among serving bowls, and garnish with a dollop of yogurt.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine