Crustless Asparagus Spinach Quiche
Lose the fat and the guilt with this makeover.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted tomato slices
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash parsley
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a glass or ceramic pie dish by coating evenly with cooking oil spray.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high. add shallots, asparagus and spinach, and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Spread vegetables evenly over bottom of prepared pie dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of vegetables. Place roasted tomato slices evenly over vegetable mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, half-and-half, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and parsley. Pour over cheese and vegetables. Bake about 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into eight wedges.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 172mg | Fiber: 1g