Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 tablespsoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced roughly
- 2 carrots peeled and diced roughly
- 2 Granny Smith apples diced roughly
- 1 head cauliflower chopped roughly
- 1 cup crimson or green lentils
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 cups spinach woody stems removed
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat a large pot over medium heat; add oil. Add fruit and vegetables (except spinach), lentils and dry spices. Sauté 2–3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add coconut milk, tomato puree and stock; allow to simmer until vegetables and lentils are soft enough to puree.
- Remove half of contents of hot soup to a blender, and puree; then add back to remaining soup. Mix well, and add spinach; stir until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 395mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post