Photo Credit: Country Crock
Apple Cranberry Crostata
Looking for a delicious fall dessert? This recipe has the perfect blend of tasty ingredients and it’s plant-based too!
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick
- 1.5 cups PLUS 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 baking apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sanding sugar
- For crust, in medium bowl with pastry blender or two knives cut 1/2 cup Country Crock Plant Butter into 1 1/2 cups flour until coarse crumbs form. Add 4 to 6 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms. Knead dough with floured hands and shape into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Unwrap dough and roll on lightly floured surface from center to edges to form 13-inch. circle. Arrange dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
- For filling, combine dark brown sugar, remaining flour, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom in small bowl;set aside. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Plant Butter over medium-high heat. Add apples and cook until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar mixture.
- Fill center of pie crust with apple mixture, leaving 2 inches around edges. Sprinkle cranberries over apple mixture. Fold edges of crust over fruit overlapping when necessary. Brush edges with remaining 1 tablespoon Plant Butter, melted. Sprinkle with sanding sugar. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is bubbling. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove and let cool completely.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post