Photo Credit: Annette Slade
Coconut Kale Polenta with Sundried Tomato Tapenade
A colorful, Mediterranean-inspired entrée.
Share this Post
- 1 can of Simple Truth Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 cups curly kale, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Kalamata and green olives; sliced in half
- Roasted red bell peppers
- Micro greens
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Put coconut milk, kale, water and curry powder in a blender and blend until smooth, transfer to large pot.
- Bring liquid to a gentle boil and add polenta. Carefully whisk continuously, about 15 minutes. Add nutritional yeast and garlic. Transfer to a parchment- lined 9x13 baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- To create your tapenade in a food processor, combine sundried tomatoes, walnuts and dried basil. Add olive oil and water slowly as you pulse the other ingredients together to make a thick paste.
- Prepare your garnish; slice you r olives in half and gather the rest of your items.
- You can plate your dish two different ways: You can opt to not bake the polenta and scoop warm polenta into a shallow bowl: put a ¼ cup sundried tapenade in the center of the polenta, garnish with olives, capers, roasted bell peppers and micro greens. Or you can bake polenta in the oven at 350º for 15 minutes, cool polenta down and using a 3" circular cookie cutter, cut out round polenta discs and place in center of a plate. Then put a ¼ cup sundried tapenade in the center of the polenta and add all garnish ingredients.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post