Photo Credit: Primal Kitchen
Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos
Fresh from the sea and packed with Southwest flavor, these colorful tacos are guaranteed to bring the heat to any dinner table.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
For the tacos:
- 1 pound halibut
- Spice Cave "sea" spice blend
- Siete Cassava Flour Tortillas
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
For the batter dip:
- 1/2 cup Cassava flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Up to 1 cup sparkling water
For the toppings:
- Cabbage (red and green)
- Avocado slices
- Fresh cilantro
- Primal Kitchen Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil in a deep fryer at 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cassava flour, arrowroot flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add sparkling water to the dry mix until you achieve roughly the consistency of pancake batter. If you add too much water, don’t worry! Just add a little more cassava flour (one tablespoon at a time) until you get just the right thickness.
- Heat the tortillas on medium heat (approximately 30-seconds on each side), and keep them warm by covering them in a towel.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and avocado.
- Remove the skin of the halibut and cut it into strips. Season with Spice Cave “Sea” spice blend and salt.
- Dredge the halibut in batter dip and deep fry it for 5-6 minutes (or until golden to your liking). Drain on a paper towel.
- Assemble your tacos by layering your tortillas with fish, avocados, and cabbage. Top with Primal Kitchen Cilantro Lime Dressing.
This recipe originally appeared on Primal Kitchen's blog.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post