Photo Credit: Annette Slade
Chocolate Pot de Crème
With its rich chocolatey creaminess, you wouldn’t believe this dessert is purely plant-based and full of good-for-you essential fatty acids. So luscious, it wows vegans and non-vegans alike.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) Simple Truth Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic Soy Milk
- 4 ounces Simple Truth Organic 72% Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup extra-firm silken tofu
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped Simple Truth Roasted Almonds (optional) for serving
- Coconut non dairy whipped dessert topping (optional) for serving
- Preheat oven 300º.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring coconut milk and soy milk to boil. Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate chunks until smooth.
- In a food processor (or blender), combine tofu, sugar and salt together until smooth. Then, while processing, slowly pour hot chocolate mixture into tofu mixture.
- Place 6 small (4-ounce) ramekins or small cups/bowls into a large roasting pan and divide chocolate mixture among them. Put pan in a rack in center of heated oven and add hot tap water to the pan until the water reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until edges are lightly set but center jiggles when gently moved, about 35 minutes. Remove ramekins carefully and place on a wire rack to fully cool. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until set.
- To serve, top chilled pots de créme with a dollop of whipped dessert topping and/or a sprinkle of chopped almonds, to taste, if desired. Can be made a day or two ahead of serving; keep chilled.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post