Chocolate Phyllo Roll-Ups
Light and crispy, these sweets are as tasty as they are elegant. For best results, melt chocolate in microwave with 50-percent power for one minute. Stir well. Place back in microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring well each time. The chocolate should have a sheen and a smooth texture.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
Servings: 2 dozen
- Parchment paper
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Olive or grapeseed oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place phyllo sheets on piece of parchment paper on the counter; cover with a damp towel.
- Melt butter in a small bowl; stir in honey. Stir cinnamon and sugar in a separate small bowl.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a clean work service (place it so the wider edge is facing you). Cut in half up the center with kitchen scissors. Fold each piece in half lengthwise. Don’t fret if it tears; you can patch it up with melted butter and honey.
- Brush dough with butter-honey mixture. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up in a cigar shape to form a tight cylinder. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with all phyllo sheets. Lightly spray each roll with cooking spray; sprinkle each with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 3–5 minutes, until golden brown. Place cookies on a cooling rack set on parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate over low heat or in a microwave (see tips). Stir in coconut oil.
- Hold cooled phyllo roll over the chocolate, and spoon chocolate to coat one-third of the phyllo. Spoon nuts over the soft chocolate so they stick. Place on rack to set the chocolate. You may need to refrigerate rolls to set the chocolate if the kitchen is warm.
- Store in an airtight container lined with parchment, and place parchment in between layers of cookies.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post