Spark your kids’ culinary creativity by making your own frozen treats.
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or high-quality chocolate bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups assorted fruit (banana halves, hulled strawberries, melon slices,
kiwi slices, apple slices, pear slices)
- Place the fruit on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and oil over a double boiler, whisking
until smooth. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Dip the chilled fruit into the chocolate and place on the baking sheet.
- Return the sheet to the freezer for 15 minutes; then serve.