Chocolate Cherry Coconut Bites
A satisfying treat in a small package, these layered gluten-free dessert bites have it all: chocolate, cherries, coconut and almonds.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic Chocolate Almond Milk, cold
- 1 10-ounce package Simple Truth Organic Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 12-count muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- To make base crust, measure 1 cup coconut flour into a medium mixing bowl. Cut 1/2 cup of almond butter into flour with a pastry blender (or use a fork). The mixture will be in small chunks.
- Stir in chocolate almond milk until a firm dough forms. Divide dough equally into muffin cups; about 1-2 tablespoons per cup. Press dough firmly into each cup.
- Bake 10 minutes, then let cool slightly.
- While base crust is in the oven, chop cherries into 1/2-inch chunks. (The cherries are easiest to cut when still frozen). Place cherries in a medium bowl.
- Stir in coconut sugar, 3 tablespoons of coconut flour and almond extract. Set aside to thicken for a few minutes while making crumble topping.
- Combine coconut chips with sliced almonds in a small bowl.
- Cut 1 tablespoon almond butter into coconut/almond mixture until it clumps together. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- To assemble, spoon cherry filling onto baked base crust, dividing equally. Sprinkle crumble topping over cherry filling. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Allow to cool. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post