Photo Credit: James Stefiuk
Chili Cheese Baked Potato
This flavorful stuffed baked potato is an example of how kitchen staples can elevate a simple dish.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 1 medium russet potato, washed patted dry, and pricked all over with a fork
- 1/4 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canned red beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes drained
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Rub potato with butter and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake potato 40 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and set aside on a medium plate.
- In an 8" skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil 30 seconds. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add chili powder and salt to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add beans and tomatoes and continue cooking and stirring until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut slit in top of potato; squeeze sides to open. Spoon bean mixture into slit of potato. Sprinkle with cheese and sour cream and enjoy.
Storing Butter Butter can be stored in the freezer for up to six months. Keep what you will use quickly in the refrigerator and freeze the rest. Excerpted from The Ultimate Cooking for One Cookbook by Joanie Zisk. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 486mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post