Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced 1/2 inch
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano, grated (optional)
- Place a pot of water to boil. Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with olive oil until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add butternut squash and sauté three minutes, stir in broth and bring to simmer, cook thoroughly, about ten minutes.
- Cool the sauce down and process ½ it in the blender until smooth, combine with the diced butternut squash.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet heat up butter until it turns light brown, add sage and Brussel sprouts and sauté until caramelized and thoroughly cooked, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with butternut squash sauce. Serve topped with Brussel sprouts and [optional] Parmigiano.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post